Vie di Comunicazione
04 April 2013
An Android application developed by Stetel for an international Mobile Operator reaches the...
13 March 2013
Stetel starts the research and the development on the new operating system Firefox OS, an open...
25 February 2013
A new service developed by Stetel is introduced in a main Operator's Stand at Mobile World...
15 February 2013
Timewall Clock Wallpaper, developed by Stetel, is one of the first apps that...
07 January 2013
Vodafone Global gives to Stetel the task of developing applications for future Windows Phone 8...
Since inception in 1991, Stetel Srl. has made strategic investments in innovation, incorporating promising new technologies into our telecommunications services. Stetel’s services - B2B and B2C - have been designed in-house from the ground up. We have progressed from voice, web, SMS and mobile WAP, through mobile web and dedicated apps today. As a small company, we have maintained our focus and refined our capabilities to bring new technologies to market quickly.
Stetel is an agile software developer, with refined project management and development tools. We work in small teams of highly experienced people who are fully dedicated to a project. We are able to communicate and cooperate seamlessly with our customers on larger projects. We strive to deliver high-quality products that are reliable, maintainable, and on-time. We accept ongoing responsibility for our work. As an entrepreneurial, specialized group, Stetel can contribute a big-picture, end-to-end solution, a specialized component, or anything in between.
Today Stetel is focused on mobile services and applications. We have honed our expertise with 21 years of experience. We are excited about the prospects for growth and innovation in our industry.
Stetel was founded by 2 entrepreneurs in 1991. Privately owned and financially independent, Stetel’s focus has consistently been the design and development of services in telecommunications. We have a historical perspective: from when telephony meant just talking to each other on the phone, through the blooming of the mobile industry and the commercial advent of Internet. We have been active in the shift from low-end mobile devices and feature phones to smartphones, tablets and web devices for mainstream entertainment and business.
• 1991: We were the first company in Italy to deploy speaker-independent voice recognition in a national telemarketing campaign, on behalf of the “White and Yellow Pages” Editor (Seat Pagine Gialle, Spa).
• 1993: We introduced voice Value Added Services in cooperation with television networks and others in the media and entertainment industry.
• 2000: We added Premium SMS to our Value Added Services, which ran successfully for 8 years with 321contatto.
• Also in 2000: In the pre-Facebook era, we conceived, designed, and developed a Web and WAP Community called People that was adopted by the Italian OpCo Omnitel (acquired by Vodafone in 2001). People quickly became very popular and was the biggest Community in Italy.
In 2010 Stetel started working with British Telecom Italia on the creation of a modern Audio Conference platform for commercial users and consumers. Today our main fields of operation are:
• Networked rich client applications: Design and development of connectivity apps for Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8.
• Vocal solutions: Design and development of interactive voice-response applications.
• Integration of diverse media: Solutions for interoperability across SMS, voice, web, VoIP, and rich clients.
• SMS interactive applications: Design and development of complete SMS applications, using short codes for delivery.
Stetel has had an 11-year continuous working relationship with Vodafone, since 2001. In 2004 Vodafone Italia charged Stetel with the responsibility for merging People into m-Chat - a Vodafone Live! community. Stetel took over day-to-day operations for m-Chat between 2004 and 2008. During this time m-Chat via web, SMS, and WAP became a major success for Vodafone Live!
Since 2008 we have contributed to several Vodafone global propositions:
• Vodafone 360 - Music API design and implementation
• Vodafone 360 - Shop API design and implementation
• Vodafone 360 - Location API implementation
• Vodafone 360 - Music reference client implementation
• Vodafone 360 - Vertical Shop client
• Vodafone 360 Shop - Android & Blackberry clients
• Vodafone AppSelect client
• Vodafone Discover client (R1, R2, R3)
• Vodafone My Web launcher
• Vodafone Hub+ for Windows Phone 8
• Vodafone Smart - Download client for Android
Stetel S.r.l., Via di Franco, 9 Livorno - P.IVA 01020470496 - Info societarie - © 2007-2013